Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This home-made ice cream is great! I love this recipe and every time I make it I always say there is no reason to ever buy it from a store! There's nothing like home-made!
- 4 eggs
- 532.32 ml sugar
- 946.0 ml whipping cream
- 22.18 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1182.95 ml milk
- Beat eggs with mixer at medium speed until frothy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture becomes thick (about 5 minutes).
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Pour into freezer can of a 1-gallon hand turned or electric freezer; freeze accourding to manufacturer's instructions.
- Let ripen at least 1 hour.
Very good flavor, but it not very smooth... a little "grainy" in texture from ice crystals. It could have been that my ice cream freezer froze it too fast, or not fast enough. I will have to try it a couple more times varying the amount of salt added to the ice in the outside tub.
yum yum yummie...fabulous ice cream with a great vanilla flavor. The fact the eggs were not "cooked" didnt bother my kids (age 6 & 17 mos) at all. Be sure to look at the eggs you crack for this, and make sure they're not expired and you'll enjoy the greatest flavor, without having to pay 8.00 for a 1/2 gallon!!!!
We made this over the weekend. Just delicious. Rich, creamy, strong vanilla flavor. Store-bought ice cream will never come close. We just loved this. Thanks Bev.