Recipe by Bev
This home-made ice cream is great! I love this recipe and every time I make it I always say there is no reason to ever buy it from a store! There's nothing like home-made!
Top Review by Bertha C.
Very good flavor, but it not very smooth... a little "grainy" in texture from ice crystals. It could have been that my ice cream freezer froze it too fast, or not fast enough. I will have to try it a couple more times varying the amount of salt added to the ice in the outside tub.
- 4 eggs
- 532.32 ml sugar
- 946.0 ml whipping cream
- 22.18 ml vanilla extract
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1182.95 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs with mixer at medium speed until frothy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture becomes thick (about 5 minutes).
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Pour into freezer can of a 1-gallon hand turned or electric freezer; freeze accourding to manufacturer's instructions.
- Let ripen at least 1 hour.