Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Not your average tuna casserole recipe.
Make and share this Country Tuna Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (9 1/4 ounce) chunk tuna, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup biscuit mix
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- Saute green onion and celery in butter until limp.
- Beat egg; beat in milk and wine. Add biscuit mix and parmesan cheese beating well.
- Stir in tuna, onion, celery, parsley, red hot pepper sauce, and shredded cheese. Blend well.
- Turn into a buttered 9 inch pie plate and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Oh, this is good when you need a tuna fix, perfect. Also, since it uses biscuit mix, my GrandDee will make it too, she is hooked on biscuit mix recipes. I added a bit more green onion and celery; it was very good for my craving for tuna.
This is simply delicious and so easy to make! I did increase the green onions, Parmesan cheese and hot pepper sauce... I can see this made with cooked chicken also, my DH enjoyed this for lunch, thanks Karen!...Kitten:)
I made this for lunch yesterday, and it was really good. I'm going to have leftovers for breakfast this morning! I think other things - ham, salmon, etc. could be used in place of the tuna. Lots of good tasting protein in this one!