Recipe by kzbhansen
Not your average tuna casserole recipe.
Top Review by Barefoot Beachcomber
Oh, this is good when you need a tuna fix, perfect. Also, since it uses biscuit mix, my GrandDee will make it too, she is hooked on biscuit mix recipes. I added a bit more green onion and celery; it was very good for my craving for tuna.
- 1 (9 1/4 ounce) chunk tuna, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup biscuit mix
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute green onion and celery in butter until limp.
- Beat egg; beat in milk and wine. Add biscuit mix and parmesan cheese beating well.
- Stir in tuna, onion, celery, parsley, red hot pepper sauce, and shredded cheese. Blend well.
- Turn into a buttered 9 inch pie plate and bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.