Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Good lemon cookie. Works for showers or teas.
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup powdered country time lemonade mix
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 lemon, juice of
- lemon zest
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, sugar and lemonade mix.
- Add egg, vanilla, lemon extract, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix well.
- Add flour and baking soda and mix.
- Roll dough into teaspoons size balls place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- You may roll dough balls in sugar before baking or when cooled if desired.
- They are also good with a glaze of powdered sugar and milk.
- Great either way.
Great recipe! I tried this out with great success after searching for a good lemon cookie recipe. I ended up making some with colored sugar after pressing them flat. I found that if I left them as balls they did not flatten very well during baking. This would be a great recipe for those who have cookie stamps with some cool designs.
Cookies with a kick! Would make a great summer cookie. We didn't have lemon extract and it came out fine. Nice light pink color. We put pink sugar on top, too, which was fun. Thanks for posting!