Recipe by Bella Rachelle
A great cake that tastes sooo good!! I've made this several times and it never fails me. Enjoy this one!!
Top Review by Deely
This recipe got 5 stars from six people. I make some kind of lemon cake every week for DH to take to work. All of his co-workers said it had the perfect amount of lemon, was very moist and light. I've got the word, they want this cake again next week. I used the vanilla instant pudding. The only change I made was to use my own glaze, which is just 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice and 2 cups powdered sugar heated on the stove until the sugar is melted. Thank you for a really simple recipe that made me look like a star!
- 425.24 g package yellow cake mix
- 85.04 g packagejell-o vanilla flavor instant pudding and pie filling mix or 85.04 g package lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 113.39 g country time lemonade mix, divided
- 236.59 ml cold water
- 4 eggs
- 59.14 ml oil
- 44.37 ml warm water
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F Mix cake mix, pudding mix, 1/4 cup of the drink mix, 1 cup water, eggs and oil in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute. Beat on medium speed 4 minutes. Pour into greased and floured 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- BAKE 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 5 minutes; remove from pan. Invert onto serving platter.
- DISSOLVE remaining 1/4 cup drink mix in 3 tablespoons warm water in medium bowl. Stir in powdered sugar with wire whisk until well blended.
- PIERCE warm cake at 1-inch intervals with fork or skewer completely through to bottom of cake. Gradually spoon powdered sugar glaze over cake; let stand until glaze is completely absorbed.