Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 6 cups beef stock
- 1 large tomatoes
- 1 lb zucchini
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 teaspoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Cut celery into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Core, blanch, peel and cut tomatoes into 1/2 inch chunks.
- Cut marrow into 1/4 inch slices.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil and brown garlic. Discard garlic. Add potatoes, stir to coat and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add onion, celery, parsley, and oregano, and cook until onions are softened.
- Add stock, tomatoes, marrow, and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until zucchini is tender.
- Pour soup into individual bowls and sprinkle freshly ground pepper and 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese over each serving.
- Serve hot. Makes 6 servings.
Very good soup recipe. The beef broth gives it a great rich flavor. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Such a simple soup! Made a number of changes (and it was great!) I added 1T. butter, used 5C. of good quality veggie broth, used 2 garlic cloves and did not remove them, exchanged the celery for carrots, used fresh cherry tomatoes (about 6), added 1t. dried oregano, 1t. basil, and 1t. cayenne (depending on your taste). Used a potato masher to thinken the soup once the potatoes were cooked and soft. Served with warm bread and salad and we ended with a warming soup and an tasty way to use 3 zucchini!
This soup was delicious. I did not add a blanched tomato but rather reduced the broth by 1 cup and added 10 ounces of canned diced tomatoes. The parmasen cheese adds a great flavour. Oh so good!!!!!!!!