Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 slightly beaten egg white
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely snipped dried apples or 1⁄2 cup finely chopped apple
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper dash ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground turkey
- Spray a cold 10 inch skillet with nonstick coating spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg white, onion, dried or fresh apples, quick-cooking oats, parsley, salt, sage, nutmeg, pepper and ground red pepper.
- Add the ground turkey; mix well.
- Shape mixture into eight 2" wide patties.
- Preheat the prepared skillet over medium heat.
- Place patties in skillet.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear, turning once.
- Drain off fat.
Thanks Dancer^, I was a little hesitant about the flavor combination, but it really works well!
Great recipe. I used ground turkey breast and it turned out perfectly moist--not dry at all! I am planning to make breakfast sandwiches with whole wheat english muffins out if these. Thank you for a delicious healthy breakfast recipe!
Very yummy and a healthy, feel-good breakfast. I used my mini chopper to combine all of the ingredients before adding in the egg white and turkey. This made it easy to incorporate everything. I also froze the uncooked patties (wrapped in waxed paper) and took them out and cooked them as needed. These were great chopped up and added into an omelet with a little bit of grated cheddar.