Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
My family loves this recipe. I have a "picky" eater and this is one of his favorites. I can't remember where I got this recipe many years ago. I double the gravy, so that there is extra for the rice.I hope you all enjoy this as much as my family does!!
- 1 lb cube steak
- salt and pepper (as desired)
- 2 teaspoons wylers beef bouillon granules
- cold water
- Roll steak in flour and fry real brown.
- Take steak up and add flour to grease,brown.
- In a cup,add bouillon to hot water to dissolve.
- add to the ammount of cold water you have in a bowl as to how much gravy you wish to make.
- Add water to browned flour and put steak over in the gravy;Let come to a boil.
- Pour the steak and gravy in a double boiler; steam on low heat for 3 hours.
- **I have also put the steak and gravy in a pyrex dish.
- Cover it with foil,then put it in the oven on 300-325* for 2-1/2-3 hours.
- the meat is sooo tender fixed both ways!
- You may need to adjust the oven time, based on how your oven cooks.
Sounds absolutely delicious and will try next time I am home long enough to cook it and clean my mess up. THANKS, haven't run across a good one like this in a while.