Prep 20 mins
Cook 9 hrs
- 6 lbs pork spareribs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Season ribs with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat brown ribs on all sides.
- Place half of the onion, green pepper and celery in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Place half of the ribs on top the vegetables then repeat with the remaining vegetables and ribs.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomato sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, lemon juice and worcestershire sauce.
- Pour mixture over the top of the ribs.
- Cook on high for 1 hour.
- Reduce to low and cook for another 8 to 9 hours.
Tried this recipe last night and it just didn't appeal to us. I used the country style pork ribs. The sauce was just a little too "bity" for us. I ended up adding quite a bit of barbecue sauce at the end -- just to sweeten it up a bit. I did cut the recipe in half -- maybe that was the problem. The sauce was also very thin -- it just didn't stick to the ribs like I had hoped.