Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 dozen frozen italian-style meatballs, thawed
- 16 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- In a large saucepan, add first 8 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Lower heat and simmer for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add meatballs.
- Simmer and occasionlly stir for 20 additional minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked spaghetti.
NurseDi, I made this Friday night for our supper,with garlic bread and salad. I used your sauce recipe,and made my own Italian meatballs,WOW good combo,we love your sauce. Thanks,Great recipe. Darlene Summers
Personally, I really liked this sauce. But my husband said next time, he'd put some red wine and brown sugar to counter the acidity.
Yummy!! My family loved this recipe. I will definately make it again.