Tasty sausage patty recipe, from a recipe card in my files, with ingredients readily available. Substitute ground chicken or turkey for the pork if you like, and adjust the seasonings to taste. The patties are good served on toasted English muffins with a slice of cheese and a fried egg for a 'McMuffin'. Add home fries and sliced fresh tomatoes for a 'big breakfast'. Times given are estimates and do not include the one hour chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped or 1 pinch dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1In a mixing bowl, stir together all the ingredients, except the vegetable oil for frying, until thoroughly combined.
- 2Moistening hands with cold water; shape the mixture into 12 patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- 3Chill in one layer for one hour, if time permits, to firm the patties.
- 4In a skillet, heat a little vegetable oil over moderate heat.
- 5Fry patties until cooked through and golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- 6Drain on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Style Sausage Patties
Serving Size: 1 (42 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.3
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 27.2 mg
- Sodium 312.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves