Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tasty sausage patty recipe, from a recipe card in my files, with ingredients readily available. Substitute ground chicken or turkey for the pork if you like, and adjust the seasonings to taste. The patties are good served on toasted English muffins with a slice of cheese and a fried egg for a 'McMuffin'. Add home fries and sliced fresh tomatoes for a 'big breakfast'. Times given are estimates and do not include the one hour chilling time.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped or 1 pinch dried sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- In a mixing bowl, stir together all the ingredients, except the vegetable oil for frying, until thoroughly combined.
- Moistening hands with cold water; shape the mixture into 12 patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- Chill in one layer for one hour, if time permits, to firm the patties.
- In a skillet, heat a little vegetable oil over moderate heat.
- Fry patties until cooked through and golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels.
Being a sausageholic, I just had to try these. I got 9 patties instead of 12. They were pretty tasty as is, but I think I'll try to adjust the seasonings a bit. THANKS for sharing!