from Food and Wine's 'One-Dish Meals'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 lb mild sausage or 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- 1 head escarole, torn into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup drained and raised canned cannellini beans (15 oz. can)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 lb rigatoni pasta
- 1In a large deep frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the sausage and cooki, turning, until brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove. When sausage is cooled, cut into slices.
- 2Simmer garlic and broth in pan. Add escarole, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes. Gently stir in the sausage, beans, Paremsan, salt and pepper and let simmer 1 minute longer.
- 3Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of salted, boiling water until al dente, about 14 minutes. Drain and toss with the sauce. Serve with additional Parmesan.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country-Style Rigatoni
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1162.2
- Calories from Fat 594
- Total Fat 66.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.0 g
- Cholesterol 242.9 mg
- Sodium 1963.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 61.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: