Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
from Food and Wine's 'One-Dish Meals'
Make and share this Country-Style Rigatoni recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 lb mild sausage or 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- 1 head escarole, torn into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup drained and raised canned cannellini beans (15 oz. can)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 lb rigatoni pasta
- In a large deep frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the sausage and cooki, turning, until brown and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove. When sausage is cooled, cut into slices.
- Simmer garlic and broth in pan. Add escarole, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes. Gently stir in the sausage, beans, Paremsan, salt and pepper and let simmer 1 minute longer.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of salted, boiling water until al dente, about 14 minutes. Drain and toss with the sauce. Serve with additional Parmesan.