Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These moist and flavorful pancakes are a favorite after a long morning walk through the vineyards.
- 2 large eggs
- 59.14 ml butter (melted)
- 236.59 ml milk
- 236.59 ml ricotta cheese (well drained)
- 1 medium orange, juice and zest of
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml light brown sugar
- 295.73 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml clove
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- The first 7 ingredients together in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining dry ingredients together.
- Once they are thoroughly mixed, pour the egg mixture on top of the dry.
- Mix all together just until all of the dry stuff is wet and there are no large lumps- but don’t over mix.
- Place a non-stick griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, pour about a quarter cup of mixture onto the pan.(NOTE: You can tell how hot the griddle is by throwing a few drops of water on the surface. If the water dances — it shimmers and shakes — then it is hot enough. If the water sizzles fast and evaporates quickly, it’s too hot. Turn it down and let it cool.)
- Cook about 4 minutes on one side until the bottoms are browned and the pancake is firm enough to turn without breaking.
- Flip the pancake and cook until the bottom is brown, about one more minute.
- You can serve them right away, or cover with a towel and place in a warm oven until you are ready to serve.
- Serve with butter and syrup as desired.