Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These moist and flavorful pancakes are a favorite after a long morning walk through the vineyards.
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (well drained)
- 1 medium orange, juice and zest of
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- The first 7 ingredients together in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk the remaining dry ingredients together.
- Once they are thoroughly mixed, pour the egg mixture on top of the dry.
- Mix all together just until all of the dry stuff is wet and there are no large lumps- but don’t over mix.
- Place a non-stick griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, pour about a quarter cup of mixture onto the pan.(NOTE: You can tell how hot the griddle is by throwing a few drops of water on the surface. If the water dances — it shimmers and shakes — then it is hot enough. If the water sizzles fast and evaporates quickly, it’s too hot. Turn it down and let it cool.)
- Cook about 4 minutes on one side until the bottoms are browned and the pancake is firm enough to turn without breaking.
- Flip the pancake and cook until the bottom is brown, about one more minute.
- You can serve them right away, or cover with a towel and place in a warm oven until you are ready to serve.
- Serve with butter and syrup as desired.