Recipe by Ackman
My wife isn't a big rib eater of any kind, but she likes them when I make them like this.....really hits the spot on a cold day!
Top Review by MNJackie
We loved this! Like the previous reviewer, I left out the caraway seed as I don't care for them either and I also left out the onion, as I'm allergic. I seasoned the ribs with Lawrey's seasoned salt and then browned them before putting in the crockpot, so they had lots of flavour. Also, I added potatoes over the ribs, then the soup, then the sauerkraut and then a 2nd can of cream of mushroom soup. The meat fell off the bones and everyone really liked it. My Mother-in-law even asked for the recipe! This was awesome and we will definitely been having again and again.
- 3 lbs country-style pork ribs, seasoned to taste
- 2 lbs sauerkraut (jar or bag)
- 2 -3 teaspoons caraway seeds (or to taste)
- 1 medium Spanish onion, coarsley chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt (or to taste)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Season Ribs & place in a crockpot.
- Rinse & Drain Kraut, thoroughly in cold water.
- Mix Kraut with the Caraway Seed, chopped Onion & season salt.
- Place Kraut mixture on top of Ribs.
- Empty can of soup on top of kraut & then the butter.
- Turn crockpot on LOW setting & cook for 8 hours.
- (This also works great with a Pork Bott Roast or Bratwurst).