Very simple dish with a great taste. I make it all the time at my house and keep getting request for more!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scrub potatoes under running water thoroughly.
- Slice them (skin on) lengthwise into quarters.
- Slice each of the quarters across into 4 chunks.
- In a pot add potatoe chunks with enough water to cover them.
- Boil 25-35 mins or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drain chunks.
- In a bowl mash potatoes with a hand masher to a very coarse texture adding 2 Tbs butter at the same time.
- To the potatoes gently mix in the cottage cheese, onion, garlic salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish-- place small pieces of the remaining 2 Tbs of butter over top of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with small amount of Paprika.
- Bake uncovered for 30 mins.
- Let cool for 10 mins or so before serving.