Recipe by Rick B(2)
Very simple dish with a great taste. I make it all the time at my house and keep getting request for more!
Top Review by *Parsley*
Yummy! I made this just as written, but I put my chopped onion in the boiling water with the potatoes to soften them well. Great flavor and texture. Thanx for sharing. I will be repeating this one!
- 3 large russet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 medium onion (diced)
- 1⁄3 teaspoon garlic salt
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scrub potatoes under running water thoroughly.
- Slice them (skin on) lengthwise into quarters.
- Slice each of the quarters across into 4 chunks.
- In a pot add potatoe chunks with enough water to cover them.
- Boil 25-35 mins or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drain chunks.
- In a bowl mash potatoes with a hand masher to a very coarse texture adding 2 Tbs butter at the same time.
- To the potatoes gently mix in the cottage cheese, onion, garlic salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish-- place small pieces of the remaining 2 Tbs of butter over top of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with small amount of Paprika.
- Bake uncovered for 30 mins.
- Let cool for 10 mins or so before serving.