Recipe by keen5
This egg and Swiss cheese quiche-like pie is nice for a country style brunch.
Top Review by darlenemckernan
I substituted cheddar cheese (I didnt have swiss) and added Mrs. Dash Spicy (about 2 T) to the egg mixture to give it some kick! I love this recipe and have been making it for a while.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup red potatoes, sliced 1/8 inch (3 small)
- 1 medium onion, sliced 1/8 inch, separated into rings
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded (4 oz.)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 8 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a 10" oven proof skillet, melt butter in oven.
- Add potatoes and onion.
- Bake, stirring once, for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together cheese, parsley, milk, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over baked potatoes and onion.
- Arrange tomato slices over eggs.
- Return to oven; continue baking for 17 to 22 minutes or until eggs are set and lightly browned.