Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This egg and Swiss cheese quiche-like pie is nice for a country style brunch.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup red potatoes, sliced 1/8 inch (3 small)
- 1 medium onion, sliced 1/8 inch, separated into rings
- 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded (4 oz.)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 8 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a 10" oven proof skillet, melt butter in oven.
- Add potatoes and onion.
- Bake, stirring once, for 15 to 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl stir together cheese, parsley, milk, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over baked potatoes and onion.
- Arrange tomato slices over eggs.
- Return to oven; continue baking for 17 to 22 minutes or until eggs are set and lightly browned.
I substituted cheddar cheese (I didnt have swiss) and added Mrs. Dash Spicy (about 2 T) to the egg mixture to give it some kick! I love this recipe and have been making it for a while.
I'm not rating this because I did make a few changes to the recipe. I used cheddar cheese (it was all I had) omitted the tomato (personal taste) and used dried parsley (was out of fresh). I followed the rest of the directions as written and cooked this in my 10" cast iron skillet. It puffed up beautifully. It is almost like a cross between a quiche and a frittata. Although my DH and I added salt and pepper at the table, we all enjoyed it very much. Thanks for posting keen5, it was a nice change for a weekend brunch.