Recipe by looneytunesfan
From a Lipton Recipe Secrets newsletter.
Top Review by Annacia
Excellent roast. I have been making pot roast with the onion soup for ages but for some reason I haven't usually added the potato's and carrots to th pot before. The gravy is very good and vanished over the squashed potato's on the plates. The roast is very tender and tasty, it's absolutly worth making and I do recommend it.
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef roast (rump, chuck or round)
- 1 1⁄4 ounces Lipton Recipe Secrets onion soup mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 lbs.)
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 -4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In Dutch oven or 6-quart saucepot, brown roast over medium-high heat. Add Lipton ® Recipe Secrets ® Onion Soup Mix blended with 2 cups water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, turning roast occasionally, 2 hours.
- Add vegetables and cook an additional 30 minutes or until vegetables and roast are tender; remove roast and vegetables.
- For gravy, blend remaining 1/2 cup water with flour; stir into Dutch oven. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- SLOW COOKER METHOD: In slow cooker, add vegetables, then roast. Add Soup Mix blended with 2 cups water. Cook covered on LOW 8 to 10 hours or HIGH 4 to 6 hours or until roast is tender. Remove roast and vegetables to serving platter. Blend remaining 1/2 cup water with flour and stir into juices in slow cooker. Cook covered on HIGH 15 minutes or until thickened.
- Also terrific with Lipton ® Recipe Secrets ® Onion Mushroom Soup Mix or Lipton ® Recipe Secrets ® Beefy Onion Soup Mix.