Recipe by Chef 'Diva Divine
A real winner on those cold winter nights that is easy on the hips as well :)
- 3⁄4 lb boneless pork shoulder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 7 ounces canned tomatoes (cut up)
- 2 small onions (cut into wedges)
- 1⁄2 cup celery (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup yellow squash (cut into 1/2-inchslices) or 1 cup zucchini (cut into 1/2-inchslices)
- 9 ounces frozen cut green beans
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from pork & cut into 1" cubes. Spray a dutch oven or large saucepan with cooking spray coating.
- Preheat over medium high heat. Brown pork in the hot pan; drain fat.
- Add bouillon granuals & 1 1/4C water. Stir in the undrained tomatoes, onions, celery, oregano, cumin, garlic, and bay leaf.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 1hour or till pork is tender.
- Stir in squash and green beans. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer 5 minutes more.
- Combine cornstarch, and 1TBS cold water. Stir into pork mixture. Cook and stir till thickened & bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.