Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A quick and easy way to spice up pork ribs.
- 453.59-907.18 g package country-style pork ribs
- 59.14 ml chopped onion
- 118.29 ml chopped celery
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 14.79 ml prepared mustard (yellow)
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 44.37 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 29.58 ml vinegar
- 118.29 ml bottled chili sauce (Heinz)
- 1.23 ml lemon juice
- 118.29 ml water
- Brown Country Style Pork Ribs in Margarine or Butter. Mix everything and cook in a Crock Pot on High for 3-4 hours. Reduce heat to low for the last hour.
- Chicken can be used in lieu of Pork.
- Use the sauce as gravy on mashed potatoes.
5 stars plus - Just delicious. Loaded with flavor and moist fall off the bone ribs.. I did not have any chili sauce at home so I used 1/4 cup Asian sweet Chili sauce & 1/4 cup BBQ sauce then cut back on the sugar to 1 tbsp. I made the whole recipe and will freeze half . A definate do again recipe. I did not pre brown the meat- I cut all the fat away before cooking. Cooking time 6 hours on low. I added a tablespoon of cornstarch 1 hour before serving as the sauce was quite thin. As said Delicious!
These were very tasty. They were very tender. Since there's only the 2 of us, I frozen the remaining ribs. Tonight, I thawed them out, put them in my dutch oven and baked @ 350. They were just as good tonight as when I first prepared them. I'll make these again and will also try them as you suggested with chicken.
If you boil ribs first, the terrorist WIN! That said these ribs are excellent. I used a combo of sweet chili sauce and My Bar-B-Que sauce in lieu of regular chili sauce. 4/12 hrs on low was perfect for my 6 qt crock pot. I have always struggled with country style boneless shoulder ribs (Boston Butt) but not any longer.