Recipe by Janice Boice
A quick and easy way to spice up pork ribs.
Top Review by Bergy
5 stars plus - Just delicious. Loaded with flavor and moist fall off the bone ribs.. I did not have any chili sauce at home so I used 1/4 cup Asian sweet Chili sauce & 1/4 cup BBQ sauce then cut back on the sugar to 1 tbsp. I made the whole recipe and will freeze half . A definate do again recipe. I did not pre brown the meat- I cut all the fat away before cooking. Cooking time 6 hours on low. I added a tablespoon of cornstarch 1 hour before serving as the sauce was quite thin. As said Delicious!
- 1 (1 -2 lb) package country-style pork ribs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard (yellow)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup bottled chili sauce (Heinz)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup water