Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A quick and easy way to spice up pork ribs.
Make and share this Country Style Pork Ribs in a Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (1 -2 lb) package country-style pork ribs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard (yellow)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup bottled chili sauce (Heinz)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Brown Country Style Pork Ribs in Margarine or Butter. Mix everything and cook in a Crock Pot on High for 3-4 hours. Reduce heat to low for the last hour.
- Chicken can be used in lieu of Pork.
- Use the sauce as gravy on mashed potatoes.
5 stars plus - Just delicious. Loaded with flavor and moist fall off the bone ribs.. I did not have any chili sauce at home so I used 1/4 cup Asian sweet Chili sauce & 1/4 cup BBQ sauce then cut back on the sugar to 1 tbsp. I made the whole recipe and will freeze half . A definate do again recipe. I did not pre brown the meat- I cut all the fat away before cooking. Cooking time 6 hours on low. I added a tablespoon of cornstarch 1 hour before serving as the sauce was quite thin. As said Delicious!
These were very tasty. They were very tender. Since there's only the 2 of us, I frozen the remaining ribs. Tonight, I thawed them out, put them in my dutch oven and baked @ 350. They were just as good tonight as when I first prepared them. I'll make these again and will also try them as you suggested with chicken.
I loved this! It was easy and quick to prepare and used things I already had in my pantry. (If you don't have chili sauce, then use tomato sauce, ketchup, BBQ sauce, or something like that.) This was tasty, and the meat was moist and falling apart. I browned it in oil, was overly generous with the onions an pepper (I love onions and pepper) and it turned out great. I think you could be quite sloppy in your measurements and it would still be a great recipe. It's a keeper!