Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Pork ribs slowed cooked to fall off the bone tender. The extra step in simmering the ribs is so worth it as I found ribs can be greasy unless alot of the fat is rendered first.
- 8 -10 country-style pork ribs
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, including juice
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, rinced and drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large pot simmer pork ribs in water with 1 teaspoon of salt for 25 minutes to render the fat, remove and set aside.
- In a skillet saute the chopped onion in olive oil until transluscent
- Salt and pepper the ribs and put them with the onions in the crock pot.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, chopped celery, peas, and beans. Add the garlic powder, cumin, and bay leaf. Stir gently.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 4 to 5 hours.