Recipe by graffeetee
This Phillipine style preparation is usually done with chicken, but it's also very tasty on pork ribs. Originally from Food and Wine. Be sure to use non-reactive containers and cookware due to the high amount of vinegar.
- 1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- 4 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, bay leaves, and peppercorns.
- Add pork ribs and toss to coat.
- Marinate overnight in refrigerator, turning at least once.
- Dain marinade into a large straight-sided skillet or 2 smaller skillets.
- Bring to a boil and add ribs.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour, turning ribs over half way through.
- Add coconut milk and simmer 20 minutes longer, uncovered.
- Remove ribs and turn heat to high.
- Boil the sauce and reduce to about 1 cup.
- Strain and set aside.
- Brush the ribs with the sauce.
- Grill or broil until slightly crisp, basting with the sauce.