Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is a simple and easy recipe for a tasty pork loin. Adapted this recipe from Simple and Delicious.
- 1 (3 lb) whole boneless pork loin roast
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- Cut pork roast in half.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, onion powder and mustard. Add pork, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown pork in oil over medium-high heat.
- Transfer to crock pot.
- Pour broth over pork.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until tender.
- Remove pork and keep warm.
- For gravy, pour 2-1/2 cups cooking juices into a large saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
It was okay but not enough flavor for me or hubby....on the flip side though it was really easy to put together with the short ingredient list...so on a day I didn't feel like going out grocery shopping, I'd make it again, maybe just try and throw some more seasoning type things in.
Doubled the onion powder and mustard, added 1 1/2 t. salt and 1 t. coarse ground pepper to coating mixture. Meat was fork-tender. Thanks for sharing
Fantastic! My husband, who doles out compliments rarely, if ever, complimented me on this without prompting!