Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Very simple and very good--found it in a magazine several years ago.
- 2 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can sauerkraut
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in frying pan, brown ribs and season with onion salt/powder.
- Place in baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over ribs.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
This is the first recipe that we have tried and it was FANTABULOUS !!!!!!!!!!
This is a wonderful recipe! I love the fact that the sauerkraut mellows with cooking yet the brown sugar and applesauce isn't too sweet...just right. It really helps to cut the acidity of the kraut too. The only change I made was to cook it in a 200 degree oven for about 5 hrs. It was falling off the bone yet nice and moist. I will definately make this recipe again and again. Thanks for posting!
This recipie was great. The sauerkraut had wonderful flavor. My husband really, really liked it! Julie