1/3 Photos of Country Style Macaroni and Cheese
I have been making this recipe since my son was small, it's also great made with rotini (corkscrew) pasta ---prep time does not include cooking the macaroni, you may omit the breadcrumb topping if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk or 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard (yellow OR Dijon)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (I use seasoned salt)
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2For topping; in a bowl combine the breadcrumbs with melted butter; set aside.
- 3In a large saucepan, cook the macaroni until firm-tender; drain, and add the Velveeta cheese, stir well; set aside.
- 4In a medium saucepan melt butter, add flour; stir well.
- 5Add in the milk or half and half, mustard, cream cheese, salt and pepper, then stir until cream cheese is thoroughly combined and melted.
- 6Add in parsley then pour over macaroni mixture.
- 7Transfer to a large casserole dish.
- 8Top with 1-1/2 cups breadcrumbs mixed with 2 Tbsp melted butter.
- 9Bake for 30-40 minutes or until top is a light golden brown.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Style Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1068.7
- Calories from Fat 596
- Total Fat 66.3 g
- Saturated Fat 41.0 g
- Cholesterol 207.2 mg
- Sodium 2392.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 38.0 g