1 hr 25 mins
This recipe makes two pies and may be made using using either ground pork or ground beef or half of each, I prefer the half each!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced fresh garlic
- 3 lbs ground beef (or use half each) or 3 lbs pork (or use half each)
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup water or 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream or 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon savory
- seasoning salt (to taste) or white salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1In a medium saucepan heat butter over medium-high heat; add in onion, celery and garlic and saute about 3-4 minutes.
- 2Stir in ground beef or pork, cubed potatoes, water and half and half cream or milk;. cook while stirring until liquid has completely evaporated.
- 3Add in spices; cook stirring for about 5-6 minutes, then allow the mixture to cool.
- 4Fit bottom pie pastry into each 9-inch deep-dish pie plates.
- 5Divide the beef misture between each pie plate.
- 6Top each pie with top pie crusts then flute edges together.
- 7Cut slits in top of crust each, then place onto a baking sheet.
- 8Bake in 450 degrees F (bottom rack) oven for 15 minutes.
- 9Reduce heat to 350 degrees F and continue baking for another 30 minutes.
- 10Cool slightly before slicing.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Style Ground Beef Meat Pie
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.7
- Calories from Fat 212
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 66.3 mg
- Sodium 202.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 18.1 g