1/2 Photos of Country Style Green Beans With Red Potatoes
2 hrs 40 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
I've not tried this yet but it sounds like one of those things that would make a cold autumn or winter evening just perfect.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 ham hock (use 2 if they are small)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 10 small red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt (if needed, use your own judgement as ham is often quite salty on it's own. You can always add the se)
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1Place the ham hock('s) and onion into a 4 quart Dutch oven and fill half way full with water.
- 2Season water with salt, pepper and garlic powder and bring to a boil, then cover and simmer over low heat until meat falls off the bones, about 2 hours. Remove the bones and skin; return the meat to the pot.
- 3Discard bones and skin.
- 4Add the green beans to the Dutch oven and simmer for 20 minutes, then add the potatoes. Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes more, or until they can be easily pierced with a fork.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Style Green Beans With Red Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (335 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.0
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 61.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: