Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a once in a Blue Moon dish. The times for preparing and cooking are approx.
Make and share this Country Style Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- Melt 1 stick of butter in a heavy 3 quart pan.
- Add onions and cook over low heat for a few minutes but not let the onions get brown.
- Except for the remaining stick of butter and salt add all of the remaining ingredients to the onions.
- Partially cover and bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Then lower the heat and cover completley.
- Simmer at least 15 minutes or until green beans are cooked to the tenderness you like.
- Drain off the liquid and remove ham hock.
- Take the skin off the ham hock and cut meat from the bone.
- Return the meat to the beans.
- Add salt and the remaining butter an toss until butter is melted and green beans are coated.