Recipe by Felix4067
I got this while visiting on the Gulf Coast, and the flavour combination is amazing. I don't even want to know how many calories and/or fat grams it contains, but sometimes you just have to eat something for the pure pleasure of it.
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen green beans, thawed or 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans, drained
- 8 -10 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin rings
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a cast iron skillet, brown bacon and onions until bacon is crispy.
- Remove bacon and onions with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Reserve 1/4 cup of pan drippings.
- In a small bowl, mix together vinegar and sugar; add to skillet.
- Bring to a boil, then add green beans.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Return bacon and onion mixture to the pan and heat through, about another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.