Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Talk about good!! This recipe is easy, quick and oh so good. I make it a lot because DH absolutely loves it served with mashed potatoes. I often vary the amounts on the ingredients to give it a little variety. You can put it together in whatever manner you like; for instance I usually brown the meat by itself and then add the onion & peppers. The sauce also makes good gravy. Enjoy!
- 1 lb cube steak
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, cut in strips
- 1⁄2 cup catsup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Coat meat with mixture of flour, salt and pepper.
- Brown meat in oil with the onion and green pepper strips.
- Stir in brown sugar, mustard, catsup, water, vinegar and worcestershire sauce.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until steak is tender.
The only change I made was to leave out the green pepper..this was very good and I will be making it again. Thanks.
this stunk up my house but the guys LOVED it..LOL
I never had cube steak any other way than chicken fried, so the variety was nice, but I thought it was a little too ketchupy. I think I'll use half the ketchup and replace it with beef broth next time.