Recipe by Chris Reynolds
This recipe is from a brand names cookbook. It is a great recipe for a cool winter evening. Good comfort food!
- 3 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions, divided
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 6 slices American cheese
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces (I prefer to skin the chicken)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a 9x13 pan, combine the potatoes and 1/2 can French fried onions.
- In a small bowl, mix soup and milk; pour half of mixture over the potato/onion mixture.
- Arrange cheese slices over the potato/onion mixture. Top with chicken pieces.
- Pour remaining soup mixture over chicken. Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and take chicken off dish. Mix vegetables into the potato/onion mixture. Place chicken back on top, but turn it over.
- Bake another 20 minutes, or until chicken is done. Top chicken with remaining onions and bake another 3 minutes or until onions are golden brown.
- Let stand 15 minutes before serving.