Recipe by Luv2Cook inNC
One of our family favorites. Is a good way to get my boys to eat vegetables. My husband went to a small country school in Australia for primary school, Ballendella, in Rochester, Vic. The school just closed this last year. This recipe is from a cookbook the school put out in 1991.
- 2 -3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 parsnip
- 7 ounces mushrooms, drained
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) canscampbells condensed chicken vegetable soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat the chicken with seasoned flour. I use Kentucky Kernel flour. Melt the butter in large fry pan and brown the chicken pieces. Transfer to a 9x13 baking dish.
- Peel and slice the onion, chop parsnip, and carrot.
- Chop the bacon and add to pan that cooked the chicken. If too greasy drain off some grease. Cook bacon for a few minutes on its own.
- Add above vegetables to bacon and cook 5 minutes, making sure bacon is cooked. Add mushrooms at end of 5 minutes. I find they spit if you add with rest of vegetables.
- Add soup and bring to a boil. Add T parsley.
- Remove from heat and pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour.