Recipe by rusted_essence
For Christmas my grandmother made a family cookbook. She sent out recipe cards to everyone in the family and made a deadline for us to send in our treasured recipes and to tell a story about where it came from or why it was a tradition or special. She typed out everything herself and made a response to everything we submitted. That cookbook is one of my most treasured books. It also has family photos and information on generations past. This is one of her recipes that she made when my mom was a youngster. I tried it out and had a couple of friends come over to enjoy it with us and it was a huge hit. I hope it pleases you and yours like it has my family.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Salt and pepper enough flour to coat the chicken.
- Coat chicken in flour then coat in melted butter already in baking pan.
- Add 1-1 1/2 cup water to baking dish cover and bake until chicken is tender and a gravy has formed.
- Turn the chicken over during cooking and stir around the gravy.
- You may need to uncover for the last 15-20 minutes to help gravy thicken.