Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These savory golden chicken breasts make a delightful weeknight mainstays that's sure to please every family member. Coated in an onion-soup-and-bread-crumb mixture, the recipe's ready in no time and tastes wonderful over a bed of broccoli-cheddar rice.
- 6 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 (4 2/3 ounce) package broccoli and cheese flavored rice mix, and sauce
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, beat egg and water. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and soup mix. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; drizzle with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until juices run clear. Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Serve with chicken.
Very tasty and easy/quick recipe. My family loves breaded chicken and broccoli cheese rice so this was for us! I added pepper, garlic powder and dried parsley flakes to the breadcrumb mixture . I omitted the butter and sprayed the top of the chicken with Pam. I definitely recommend making two boxes of rice for 6 chicken breasts. I used Rice-A-Roni and served with green beans. I have also served it with buttered baby carrots which is good too.