Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These homemade sausage patties are healthier (lower in fat and no preservatives). They can be frozen in portion sizes to serve your family.
- 1⁄2 lb pork tenderloin, ground
- 1⁄2 lb turkey breast, ground
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Mix meat and seasonings together.
- Shape into 12 patties.
- Spray skillet with non-stick spray.
- Brown patties on each side.
- Add a few tablespoons water to pan, cover to reserve moisture, and cook till done.
- NOTE: Use this recipe in place of pork sausage for a healthier sausage stuffing for your turkey.
Worth giving up everyone of my hidden Twinkies. Made for Partying the Diabetic Way.
I have been on a 4-yr mission to satisfy my craving for US-style savory pork sausage to use for biscuits & gravy, etc. While grd pork is found here, savory pork sausage is not. Using grd pork only, this recipe got me closer than any other & I feel I am a 2nd try away from being where I want to be. The spice mix is true to my goal & I will try an added combo of salt, Tobasco, cilantro or garlic to take the final step. You have my gratitude & 4* for getting me closer to my goal than I thot I would ever be. Kudos to you from me & my DH! :-)
I bought ready ground turkey and made my own ground pork tederloin. Lovely flavor, as stated this recipe cuts way back on fat etc. I served these for Dinner with fried onion/mushrooms, butternut squash with apples & cranberrie, Carrots and almond green beans Mmmm Thanks ElaineAnn for posting