Recipe by Chefrey Jeffrey
Easy, Yummy potatoes that are great to warm you up on a cold fall morning!
Top Review by The_Swedish_Chef
Making great country-style potatoes has always eluded me. Still, I plugged on, thinking one day I'd find the recipe that would work for me. THIS one is "it"; the potatoes turned out magnificent and we were fighting over the last scraps from the pan. I think the two secrets are the addition of water and using the seasoned salt. I had no Lawry's on hand so I used this recipe to make it: Recipe #328540 . Thanks SO much for sharing this recipe; it will be our classic breakfast potato recipe from now on!!!
- 2 medium red potatoes, Peeled, and sliced into 1/8-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt & pepper (I use Lowry's Season Salt)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over high heat. Add potatoes and fry, turning every once in a while, until they begin to brown in places. Add onion and fry for about 1 minute. Add salt and pepper; toss to distribute.
- Add about 3 Tbs water, immediately cover, reduce heat, and
- simmer until potatoes are tender (about 3 to 5 minutes).
- This will make 2 regular servings -- .