Easy, Yummy potatoes that are great to warm you up on a cold fall morning!
Make and share this Country Style Breakfast Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium red potatoes, Peeled, and sliced into 1/8-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt & pepper (I use Lowry's Season Salt)
- Heat oil over high heat. Add potatoes and fry, turning every once in a while, until they begin to brown in places. Add onion and fry for about 1 minute. Add salt and pepper; toss to distribute.
- Add about 3 Tbs water, immediately cover, reduce heat, and
- simmer until potatoes are tender (about 3 to 5 minutes).
- This will make 2 regular servings -- .
Making great country-style potatoes has always eluded me. Still, I plugged on, thinking one day I'd find the recipe that would work for me. THIS one is "it"; the potatoes turned out magnificent and we were fighting over the last scraps from the pan. I think the two secrets are the addition of water and using the seasoned salt. I had no Lawry's on hand so I used this recipe to make it: Mrs. Knudson's Season Salt . Thanks SO much for sharing this recipe; it will be our classic breakfast potato recipe from now on!!!
These potatoes are good for any meal not just breakfast! I've used this recipe for years and use russet potatoes as I don't keep the red ones on hand. Sometimes I add a little bacon grease when frying. Yum! Seems like I got my original recipe from a recipe book featuring country singers. Thanks for sharing.
These turned out really well. Crispy and the water at end make them tender.