Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A nice warm meal to serve up to family and guests.
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 8 ounces reduced-fat smoked link sausage
- 2 tablespoons low-fat maple syrup
- 2 lbs frozen country-style hash browns (no oil added)
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 6 egg substitute, equivalent to 6 eggs
- 2 slices fat-free American cheese or 2 slices low-fat American cheese, diced
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely snipped green onions (green part only)
- Preheat ovent to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Saute sausage for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally.
- Wipe skillet with a paper towel.
- Add maple syrup and cook for one more minute, stirring to coat together remaining ingredients except green onion.
- Pour over hash browns.
- Bake for one hour, or until center is set.
- Sprinkle with green onion and let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
- If you prepare this casserole ahead of time, cover it with plastic and refrigerate.
- Put the cold casserole in a cold oven, set the thermostate to 350 degrees and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes.