1 hr 10 mins
Audrey M's Note:
A nice warm meal to serve up to family and guests.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 8 ounces reduced-fat smoked link sausage
- 2 tablespoons low-fat maple syrup
- 2 lbs frozen country-style hash browns (no oil added)
- 2 cups nonfat milk
- 6 egg substitute, equivalent to 6 eggs
- 2 slices fat-free American cheese or 2 slices low-fat American cheese, diced
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely snipped green onions (green part only)
- 1Preheat ovent to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly spray a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan with vegetable oil spray.
- 3Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Saute sausage for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally.
- 5Wipe skillet with a paper towel.
- 6Add maple syrup and cook for one more minute, stirring to coat together remaining ingredients except green onion.
- 7Pour over hash browns.
- 8Bake for one hour, or until center is set.
- 9Sprinkle with green onion and let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into squares.
- 10If you prepare this casserole ahead of time, cover it with plastic and refrigerate.
- 11Put the cold casserole in a cold oven, set the thermostate to 350 degrees and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes to 1 hour 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country-Style Breakfast Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 627.0
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 31.9 mg
- Sodium 1304.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 19.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: