Recipe by Realtor by day, Chef by night
These are so easy and quick to prepare. You put them right on the grill next to the other things. They make such a nice side dish for barbecued meats and what flavor! These were a real winner at our house! I have also made them filled with chili. From Bush's Baked Beans.
- 8 medium vidalia onions (or other sweet onions)
- 1 (28 ounce) can baked beans (BUSH'S Country Style)
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red barbecue sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 2 slices bacon, precooked, cut into 8 pieces
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off onion stems and peel. Hollow out onions leaving base intact. Finely chop pieces removed from onions.
- In mixing bowl, combine BUSH'S Country Style Baked Beans, onions, brown sugar and barbecue sauce.
- Spoon baked beans mixture into onions. Top each onion with piece of butter, ground pepper and piece of bacon.
- Arrange onions on grill grate away from fire. Grill onions 40 to 60 minutes or until golden brown and tender.