Recipe by Judy81350
This recipe is so easy to make it scares me. My dad loved it. I made it everytime he came to visit. My whole family loves it. Very easy to make.
Top Review by NancyB
I used country ham and it was way too salty (for my liking - though my husband said it was great). I used more cheese on top - and the potatoes were YUMMY in this. I think I will try it again with regular ham.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs smoked ham
- 2 -3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 medium potatoes, sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 -4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Saute' onion in butter until soft but not browned.
- Place half of the potatoes in a thin layer in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Cover with half the onion.
- Place ham on top. spread with mustard.
- Cover with remaining onion. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover with potatoes. Add broth.
- Bake at 350F for about 40 minutes.
- Add half and half. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Continue baking at 375F until potatoes are tender and cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.