1/3 Photos of Country-Style Apple Cake
1 hr 20 mins
Good Looking Cooking's Note:
This cake is topped with fresh sliced apple and has a delicious home made taste. If you feel like a delicious, not too sweet coffee cake, then this is the one. Recipe came from a free succesful baking card sent to me in the mail.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- 2Grease and line a 20cm spring-form tin and sprinkle with flour to coat.
- 3In a mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar until creamy.
- 4Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Sift in the flour and fold in lightly using a large metal spoon.
- 6Mix the milk with the vanilla and stir into the cake mixture.
- 7Spoon the mixture into the tin and level the top.
- 8Peel, core and slice the apple and brush with lemon juice.
- 9Arrange slices on the surface pressing down gently.
- 10Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the cake.
- 11Cool the cake in the tin for about 10 minutes, before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- 12Dust the cake with icing sugar and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country-Style Apple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.8
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 84.1 mg
- Sodium 24.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 5.1 g