Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you want to impress you dinner guests with a wonderful meal...then this one is it, pork chops with a wonderful-tasting stuffing in the middle If desired, the chops can be browned before stuffing and baking. (Note: you can do it yourself, but I always get my corner butcher to slice pockets in the pork chops, also, make sure that the pork chops are cut thick enough to stuff).
- 118.29 ml celery, chopped
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 2-3 clove fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 118.29 ml green pepper, chopped
- 226.79 g breakfast sausage, crumbled
- 0.25 ml cinnamon
- 0.25 ml clove
- 118.29 ml apple, chopped
- 8-10 slice day old bread
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml sherry wine or 59.14 ml dry red wine
- salt and pepper
- 2.46-4.92 ml dried thyme (or to taste)
- 6 double-size cut pork chops, cut with pockets
- 4.92 ml paprika
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare a 13" x 9" greased baking pan.
- In a frypan, saute onions, garlic (if using) green peppers and sausage in butter for 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon and cloves over the apples.
- Combine veggie mixture with the bread crumbs.
- Add eggs, apples and sherry.
- Season with a dash of thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff pork chop pockets.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until chops are cooked.
- Baste with juices.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
Great way to serve pork. Followed directions exactly. The stuffing is really good!!
Super yummy. How could pork inside pork not be good? I decreased the number of chops but kept the same amount of sausage so these were really stuffed!! Thanks for sharing Kittencal!!!