Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
If you want to impress you dinner guests with a wonderful meal...then this one is it, pork chops with a wonderful-tasting stuffing in the middle If desired, the chops can be browned before stuffing and baking. (Note: you can do it yourself, but I always get my corner butcher to slice pockets in the pork chops, also, make sure that the pork chops are cut thick enough to stuff).
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 -3 cloves fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb breakfast sausage, crumbled
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch clove
- 1⁄2 cup apple, chopped
- 8 -10 slices day old bread
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine or 1⁄4 cup dry red wine
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dried thyme (or to taste)
- 6 double-size cut pork chops, cut with pockets
- 1 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare a 13" x 9" greased baking pan.
- In a frypan, saute onions, garlic (if using) green peppers and sausage in butter for 15-20 minutes.
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon and cloves over the apples.
- Combine veggie mixture with the bread crumbs.
- Add eggs, apples and sherry.
- Season with a dash of thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff pork chop pockets.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until chops are cooked.
- Baste with juices.
- Sprinkle with paprika.