1/1 Photo of Country Stuffed Pork Chops
1 hr 25 mins
If you want to impress you dinner guests with a wonderful meal...then this one is it, pork chops with a wonderful-tasting stuffing in the middle If desired, the chops can be browned before stuffing and baking. (Note: you can do it yourself, but I always get my corner butcher to slice pockets in the pork chops, also, make sure that the pork chops are cut thick enough to stuff).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 -3 cloves fresh minced garlic (optional)
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 lb breakfast sausage, crumbled
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch clove
- 1/2 cup apple, chopped
- 8 -10 slices day old bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sherry wine or 1/4 cup dry red wine
- salt and pepper
- 1/2-1 teaspoon dried thyme (or to taste)
- 6 double-size cut pork chops, cut with pockets
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1Set oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Prepare a 13" x 9" greased baking pan.
- 3In a frypan, saute onions, garlic (if using) green peppers and sausage in butter for 15-20 minutes.
- 4Sprinkle a little cinnamon and cloves over the apples.
- 5Combine veggie mixture with the bread crumbs.
- 6Add eggs, apples and sherry.
- 7Season with a dash of thyme, salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Stuff pork chop pockets.
- 9Bake for 1 hour, or until chops are cooked.
- 10Baste with juices.
- 11Sprinkle with paprika.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Stuffed Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.3
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 231.0 mg
- Sodium 595.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 53.6 g