Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Such a delicious dessert - Hope you enjoy them as much as we did!!
- 12 tart shells
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened, diced
- 2 cups frozen whole strawberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Prepare tart shells as directed on package. Remove with oven mitts, and set aside to cool.
- Put 2 cups of frozen whole strawberries in a bowl to thaw, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar and corstarch. Slowly add 1/2 cup milk and whisk until well blended. Add remaining 2 cups milk, egg yolks, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla. Whisk over medium heat until it boils and is thickened - approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cream cheese that has been diced. Blend until very smooth. Pour mixture into cooled tart shells.
- Toss the thawed strawberries with 1/2 cup sugar. Place the strawberries on top of the cream cheese mixture in each tart shell.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. makes 12 tarts.