Country Strawberry Cream Cheese Tarts
- Prepare tart shells as directed on package. Remove with oven mitts, and set aside to cool.
- Put 2 cups of frozen whole strawberries in a bowl to thaw, and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar and corstarch. Slowly add 1/2 cup milk and whisk until well blended. Add remaining 2 cups milk, egg yolks, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla. Whisk over medium heat until it boils and is thickened - approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cream cheese that has been diced. Blend until very smooth. Pour mixture into cooled tart shells.
- Toss the thawed strawberries with 1/2 cup sugar. Place the strawberries on top of the cream cheese mixture in each tart shell.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. makes 12 tarts.