Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I love making this when I want a warm, spicy dessert. It bakes into a cake with sauce underneath. The best part is that there's only one bowl to wash afterwards! This is from the Victorian Epicure Recipe Book - Volume 1.
- Butter a 10 cup (2.5 L) casserole dish.
- Combine all dry pudding ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add raisins, then stir in milk and vanilla.
- Pour into casserole.
- Sauce: Reuse mixing bowl (no need to wash).
- Mix brown sugar, spices, vanilla, butter, and boiling water.
- Pour over pudding in casserole dish.
- DO NOT STIR.
- Bake, uncovered, in centre of oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving to thicken sauce slightly.