Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a really easy and tasty recipe for people who just like the taste of "down-home" cooking. Nothing fancy, but absolutely delicious!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb smoked sausage (I use Eckrich skinless smoked sausage)
- 3 cups yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced, approx. 1 lb
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 small red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets onion soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- In a 12 inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown sausage on all sides and remove.
- Cut sausage into 1-inch slices (when slightly cooled) and set aside.
- Add peppers and onion to sausage drippings and saute, stirring frequently, approximately 2 minutes until tender.
- Blend onion soup mix with water, add to pan and add diced potatoes. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- Return sausage to skillet and simmer, covered, an additional 10 minutes or until sausage is done and potatoes are fork tender.
Very kid friendly and easy to prepare. Delicious. Made in memory of a lovely lady. :)
Oh my gosh!! This recipe has traveled like wildfire through my mothers of multiples club. I posted it on our website after making it and now half the club rave over this recipe. PERFECT for a mom of twins - only 20 minutes with what you have in the kitchen and WHAM...super good meal. My hubby begs for it every week...and loves it with Tobasco. Thank you so much for a wonderful recipe!!!