Prep 8 hrs
Cook 20 mins
From Cooking Light. This sausage is best when mixture is made a day ahead and refrigerated a day ahead.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless boston butt, trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, minced, or 1/4 t dry sage
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, miched or 1/4 t dry
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- Place half pork in a food processor; pulse until coarsely ground. Place ground pork in large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining pork. Add water and remaining ingredients. Knead mixture until well blended. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Divide mixture into 16 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2 inch thick patty. Heat large nonstick skillet over med-high. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add half the patties; cook 6 minute Turn patties and cook 3-5 min or til done. Repeat with remaining patties.