1/1 Photo of Country Sausage Gravy
Growing up, we ate this gravy over slices of white bread, sliced ripe tomatoes, scrambled eggs and, of course, biscuits. Sometimes I use maple sausage, sometimes I add 1/4 cup of minced onions and sometimes I add a shake of crushed red pepper. Use your imagination!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Brown the pork sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Set aside, leaving the drippings in the skillet.
- 3Stir the butter or bacon grease into the sausage drippings.
- 4Reduce the heat to medium, add the flour, stirring constantly until the mixture turns a golden brown.
- 5Gradually whisk the milk into skillet.
- 6Once the mixture is smooth, thickened, and begins to bubble, return the sausage to skillet.
- 7Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 more minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Sausage Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.2
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 86.8 mg
- Sodium 785.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 16.0 g